The Rainwater HOG, offers a completely modular solution to rain water conservation, and rain water harvesting. The highly praised versatile design, strong and durable construction, and easily expandable form, make the rainwater hog one of the most talked about green products for todays home and building owners.
About the Rainwater HOG Design
The Rainwater HOG, was designed and developed out of pure necessity, when Australia's long lived 6 year drought, reached its cities, and major water conservation efforts were put into effect by the city. At the time, there was no solution to rain water harvesting for densely populated areas, or those with limited space for water harvesting.
The tanks are multi directional, so they can be placed either vertically or horizontally, for maximum usability. Each tank comes in at only 9.5" deep, and holds a maximum of 50 gallons. The ends of each tank contain both an both elbow valve's and straight valves, for a virtually limitless configurations are possible.
About the Rainwater HOG's Materials
Each Rainwater HOG is produced from 100% food grade plastic (polyethalene), which keeps the water free from algae. In addition, the plastic is infused with UV inhibitors, which prolong the life expectancy (approx 20 years expected), by keeping the product virtually fade, crack, and chip resistant.
Common Uses for Rainwater HOGs
The benefits of rain water harvesting are far and wide, especially in areas where water conservation efforts are mandatory. The following are a few of the more common uses.
- Garden Irrigation - Sprinkle, drip or hose. Safe to use around kids play areas.
- Washing Cars and Decks
- Emergency Water Supply
- Internal Toilet Flush
- Internal Laundry (soft water is better for washing clothes)
- As a courtesy to your fellow Carbon Based Life Forms.
Rainwater HOG Products Included
The Following are all included as part of this product:
- 6 x Rainwater HOG Collection Units
- 6 x Rainwater HOG Connectors
- 6 x Air Valves (which includes a basket screen and elbow)
Available Rainwater HOG Accessories
The following are available accessories for the Rainwater HOG
- Wall Kit for attaching units directly to a wall.
- Inlet Outlet Kit which includes a Meshed Inlet Screen to stop leaves and debris getting into the tanks and a Plastic Outlet Ball Valve to control the flow of water out of the HOGs
- Replacement Connector Kits